When discussing the sore knee that began bothering wide receiver Doug Baldwin before the start of training camp on Tuesday Jonathan Marchessault Jersey , Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said it was a “little bit of a problem.”

Carroll said that the team would be resting Baldwin for at least a couple of weeks, but a report on Wednesday extends that timeline deeper into August. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Baldwin is expected to miss “most, if not all, of the preseason.

The report adds that doctors are “hopeful and confident” that Baldwin will be able to resume his on-field work before the start of the regular season.

The coming weeks will surely bring further updates about when Baldwin will get back on the field. The longer it takes for that to happen, the more worry will grow that the knee issue will plague him into the regular season. Given Baldwin’s importance to the team and the lack of sure things behind him on the depth chart, that would be a worrisome outcome for the Seahawks as well.

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) Terrelle Pryor knows he’s getting closer – little by little – to being fully healthy again. Staying patient, however, has been his biggest challenge.

The New York Jets wide receiver is coming off offseason ankle surgery and has been gradually getting more time on the field during training camp. Pryor participated in about 10 snaps in team drills Thursday and ran eight routes.

That’s progress. Slowly but surely.

”I’m not there (yet),” Pryor said. ”I talk to my teammates and I tell them all the time, it feels like I’m almost there but then I don’t have that just (snaps finger) yet, and it’s like Kevin Hayes Jersey , yeah, I get it and it’s going to take a couple of weeks. I’ll get there. I feel pretty good, though.”

Pryor, who turned 29 in June, couldn’t practice during organized team activities or minicamp after having arthroscopic surgery on his right ankle with a different injury from the one that shut him down with the Redskins last season.

He was in a walking boot until the second day of minicamp, so just being able to run now in 11-on-11 drills is an encouraging sign.

”Some days, you get sore sometimes, but for the most part they have it under control – I have it under control,” Pryor said. ”It feels good. I’ve just got to continue the progression and believing.”

It’s uncertain if Pryor, the former Ohio State quarterback who’s still developing as a wide receiver will be a full go by the time the Jets play their preseason opener against Atlanta on Aug. 10.

There’s no need to rush things at this point, not when he played hurt for most of last season with Washington before being shut down.

”It’s early on, just the second week into camp http://www.greenbaypackersteamonline.com/ty-montgomery-jersey , fifth or sixth practice,” he said. ”I’ve just got to understand that and keep that perspective. Once I get out there and I start catching more balls and getting targets and stuff like that, I’ll get my confidence. Everybody needs a confidence boost, in terms of that.

0 Like 0 Dislike